How does Vidalista 40 mg work
Vidalista contains tadalafil, which is a PDE inhibitor that can improve the blood flow to the penis. During sexual intercourse, this helps maintain an erection due to stimulation. and can thus be used to treat ED. In the case of PAH, tadalafil relaxes blood vessels in the lungs and makes way for easier flow of blood. While Vidalista cannot cure erectile dysfunction, it can make intercourse more enjoyable and less stressful. Tadalafil cannot induce sexual desire or completely get rid of erectile dysfunction, as its effects are temporary.
Uses of Vidalista 40 mg
Vidalista 40 mg is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Symptoms of an enlarged prostate or BPH
- Pulmonary hypertension or high blood pressure
The medicine must be taken orally and can be taken with or without food. It can be taken as recommended by your physician or according to your needs. If the medicine is being used on a situational basis, i.e before intercourse, take it half an hour prior to engaging in sexual activity. Tadalafil should not be taken more than once every 24 hours. If your doses are fixed, plan your sexual activities half an hour after your dosages. Do not take more than needed or prescribed, and follow your physician’s instructions carefully.
In case of an overdose, call your healthcare provider immediately. The symptoms of overdose are as follows:
- Vision problems
- Ringing in your ears
- Erection lasting for more than 4 hours
- Severe headache and blocked nose
- Chest pain
- Swelling in hands and feet
- Peeling skin
For a missed dosage, take the pill whenever you remember, but do not take another pill before 24 hours are up since your last dosage. Do not take the medicine more than once a day.
Keep the following factors in mind if you are planning on using Vidalista 40 mg:
- Do not use Vidalista if you are allergic to tadalafil.
- Taking tadalafil with other medicines can lead to a drop in blood pressure.
- Tadalafil can remain in your body for 2 days after using it.
- Contact your physician if your erection lasts for more than four hours.
Inform your doctor about pre-existing conditions such as:
- Heart problems or heart diseases (as well as a history of heart attack and stroke or chest pain)
- Blood pressure problems
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary veno-occlusive disease
- Liver or kidney problems
- Vision problems, or retinitis pigmentosa
- Bleeding disorders
- Sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, leukemia
- Peyronie’s disease
It should be noted that there are certain common side effects of taking Vidalista 40 mg. These are not long-lasting effects and should not cause severe problems. Common side effects are:
- Upset stomach
- Back pain
- Blocked nose
- Muscle pain
- Flushed skin
Dizziness can be avoided with slower movements when getting up from a sitting or lying position. If these symptoms persist for longer periods, consult a healthcare professional immediately.
To avoid interactions with drugs that could have possible harmful effects, make sure you provide your physician with a list of all medications and substances that you may currently be consuming. This includes nonprescription drugs and even herbal products. The following is a list of possible drugs that should be taken with Tadalafil:
- Nitrates (nitroglycerin, isosorbide)
- Drugs containing amyl or butyl nitrite
- Alpha blocker medication (doxazosin, tamsulosin, alfuzosin, dutasteride, prazosin, silodosin,terazosin)
- Azole antifungals (such as itraconazole, ketoconazole, fluconazole, griseofulvin, itraconazole, ketoconazole, and voriconazole)
- Macrolide antibiotics (such as clarithromycin, erythromycin)
- HIV protease inhibitors (such as fosamprenavir, ritonavir, indinavir, nelfinavir, lovastatin)
- Hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors (such as boceprevir, telaprevir)
- Other medicines for treating erectile dysfunction
Inform your doctor about any medicine you plan to take along with tadalafil. Vidalista should also not be taken with medicines that treat PAH. In case of any of these drug interactions, your doctor may change your dosage or prescription. Excessive side effects should also be reported immediately.
- Store the medicine in a container with the lid closed tightly.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Keep the medicine away from humidity, heat, and moisture.
- Store it at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Does Vidalista 40 mg work?
Ans: Tadalafil, which is a component of Vidalista, is used to treat erectile dysfunction. The PDE5 inhibitor works by relaxing the muscles in blood vessels and increasing the flow of blood to the penis.
2. How much Vidalista 40 mg should I take?
Ans: Do not take more than one tablet a day. An adult needs around 20 to 40 mg tadalafil dosage a day to treat erectile dysfunction. Do not divide a single dosage into two parts, take one tablet at the same time each day. Consult your physician for further inquiries.
3. When to take Vidalista 40 mg?
Ans: The best time to take Vidalista is 30 mins before engaging in any sexual activity. The medicine will start to take effect during that time period. For erectile dysfunction, it is recommended to take the medicine prior to intercourse and to not have more than one tablet per day.
4. How long does Vidalista last?
Ans: The effects of Vidalista may last for 36 hours or longer. After two days, the effect would surely wear off. Tadalafil is the PDE5 inhibitor in which the effect of the medicine lasts for the longest duration.