|Starts In||30-60 Minutes|
|Lasts Long||Up To 36 Hours|
How does Vidalista 20 mg Work
Vidalista 20 mg Erectile dysfunction occurs because of the inadequate flow of blood to the penile tissue. The blood flow can decrease as a consequence of any medical ailment affecting the reproductive organs, or as a side effect of using certain medication. And most of the time, psychological conditions affect sexual health.
- Just like Viagra or Cialis, Vidalista acts on the smooth muscles and blood vessels inside the penis.
- When sexually aroused, nitric oxide gets released inside the penis.
- Nitric acid promotes the production of a chemical, known as cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) that monitors the flow of blood into the penis by controlling the contraction and dilation of the blood vessels.
- The increase in blood flow results in a firm erection of the penis.
- An enzyme called Phosphodiesterase type 5 then obstructs the action of cGMP to stop the erection.
- Tadalafil in the Vidalista tablets inhibits the action of the PDE 5 enzyme to prolong the erection, thus providing relief from ED.
Uses of Vidalista 20 mg
Vidalista 20 mg tablets are prescribed for the treatment of the conditions summarized below.
- Erectile Dysfunction: a disorder affecting men where they are not able to attain or maintain a penile erection during sexual activity.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: a condition of elevated blood pressure of the arteries in the lungs.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: an ailment that results in enlargement of the prostate gland leading to difficulties in urination.
For effective results, it is crucial to follow the doctor’s instructions properly.
- Take the tablet whole, orally, with a glass of water.
- The tablets are well tolerated on an empty stomach as well, therefore, you can take them with or without food.
- For erectile dysfunction, take a tablet when required, at least thirty minutes before the anticipated sexual activity. The effects of Tadalafil last for more than 24 hours. Therefore, it is not recommended to consume more than one tablet in a day. The tablet works efficiently to provide a penile erection when the user is sexually aroused.
- For the treatment of BPH or PAH, one tablet per day around the same time every day is required to achieve effective results. A steady level of Tadalafil is required to be maintained to provide relief from the ailments.
There is a slim possibility of forgetting to take a dose as the tablets are indicated for consumption on a need basis. However, if you have instructions to consume it every day and miss a dose, take it when you remember. Skip the missed dose when the time of your dose is approaching, and then continue with the regular schedule. Do not consume an extra dose to compensate for the missed one as it may increase your chances for adverse effects.
Consuming these tablets in excess may result in the following symptoms. Contact your doctor in case you have overdosed on Vidalista 20 mg tablets.
- Stuffy nose
- Blurred vision
Vidalista 20 mg may not be suitable for use in certain ailments. Check with your doctor for the safety of use in case you have any of the following conditions.
- If you have had allergies to any medication or Tadalafil.
- If you are on nitrate medications.
- If you suffer from hypotension or hypertension.
- If you have any cardiovascular, kidney, or liver disease, or their medical history.
- If you have had any vision problems because of decreased blood flow to eye tissue.
- If you had any stroke or heart attack recently.
- If you have any physical deformation of the penis.
- If you suffer from sickle cell anemia.
- If you have cancer of blood cells (leukemia or multiple myeloma).
The side effects that are associated with the use of Vidalista are usually because of their overdosing, recreational use, or cross-reaction with some other medications.
- Facial Flushing
- Increased heartbeat
- Blurred vision
- Muscular pain
Some people may undergo severe side effects listed below. If you experience any of these, seek medical care immediately.
- Hypersensitivity reaction – hives, rashes, swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat, or difficulty in breathing.
- Numbness, tingling, or burning sensation in limbs.
- Sudden disturbances with vision or hearing.
- Priapism or a painful erection that stays for more than 4 hours.
- Chest pain during or after sexual activity.
Interactions With Other Drugs
Vidalista 20 mg tablets can interact with certain prescription and non-prescription medications and lead to either adverse effects or affect the efficacy. Inform your doctor about all medications, multivitamins, or herbal supplements that you are taking to avoid drug interactions.
- Nitrates such as – Nitroglycerin, Amyl nitrite, butyl nitrite, isosorbide mononitrate.
- Alpha blockers such as Tamsulosin, Prazosin, Alfuzosin, Terazosin, Doxazosin.
- Drugs administered for HIV treatment – Ritonavir, Lopinavir, Ritonavir
- Antifungal drugs – Itraconazole or Ketoconazole
- Antibiotics – Rifampin, Erythromycin, Clarithromycin, Telithromycin.
- Other ED treatment drugs – Sildenafil, Vardenafil.
- Other Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension medications such as Riociguat.
- Drugs used for stomach acid – Magnesium or Aluminum Hydroxide.
- Epilepsy treatment drugs – Phenytoin, Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine.
Interaction with Alcohol
Avoid the use of alcohol with Vidalista 20 mg tablets as both of them result in dilation of the blood vessels. If consumed together, the blood pressure may drop drastically.
Interaction with Grapefruit
The concentration of Tadalafil (Vidalista 20 mg) in the bloodstream may increase with the use of grapefruit or grapefruit juice. Increased levels of Tadalafil increase the likelihood of experiencing side effects.
Store the tablets in their original packaging at an ambient temperature.
- Keep this drug away from sources of high temperatures, and moisture.
- Store them away from the reach of children.
- Do not consume expired tablets. Dispose of them safely in compliance with guidelines from your local waste collection department.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How does Vidalista 20 mg work?
- Vidalista 20 mg is a phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitor that stops the action of the enzyme phosphodiesterase 5 to increase the flow of blood into the penile tissue to prolong the penile erection.
- For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, it relaxes the prostatic and bladder muscles to provide relief from urinary difficulties.
- In the case of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, the blood vessels get dilated by the action of this medicine to control the blood pressure.
2. Is it okay to take Vidalista 20 mg as often as I want?
- It is recommended to not consume more than one tablet in 24 hours to avoid any serious consequences on your health.
3. Is Vidalista as effective as Viagra?
- Vidalista and Viagra both work effectively, at par with each other, for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. The major difference between both medications is the duration of the stay of the drug in your body. Vidalista has Tadalafil as its active ingredient and stays for up to 36 hours in your body, while Viagra contains Sildenafil Citrate that remains active for up to 5 hours.
4. Can Vidalista Tablets impact blood pressure?
- Vidalista tablets work by dilating the blood vessels, therefore, the drug may result in lowering the blood pressure.
5. Is Vidalista 20 mg tablet safe for treatment of pulmonary hypertension in women?
- Yes, Vidalista can be administered for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension in women. However, in the case of pregnancy and breastfeeding, it is recommended to consult your doctor to establish suitability. There isn’t adequate scientific data available to determine whether the drug will be safe for the growing fetus or the breastfeeding child.
6. Does the use of recreational drugs affect Vidalista tablets’ effects?
- Taking recreational drugs that contain nitrates, or drugs such as stimulants, hallucinogens, or psychoactive substances may result in potentially hazardous effects. Avoid consuming any recreational drugs when on Vidalista treatment.
7. Is it safe to drive or operate machinery after using Vidalista tablets?
- Some people may experience dizziness as a side effect of Vidalista 20 mg tablet’s use. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid driving, or using heavy machinery till you have verified how the medicine affects you.