|Starts In||15 Minutes|
|Last Long||Up To 36 Hours|
How does Tastylia 20 mg Work
Tastylia 20 mg Reduced blood flow is one cause of erectile dysfunction. Tadalafil present in Tastylia strips works to improve the blood circulation towards the penile tissue by relaxing the blood vessels & smooth muscles.
- On sexual stimulation, nitric oxide gets released into the penis.
- Nitric oxide enables the production of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP).
- cGMP regulates the flow of blood by influencing the compression and dilation of the blood-carrying vessels.
- Enhanced blood flow causes a penile erection.
- The action of cGMP is halted by the enzyme phosphodiesterase 5 which relaxes the erection.
- Tadalafil restricts the activity of the PDE 5 enzyme which lengthens the duration of the erection.
Uses of Tastylia 20 mg
The mouth disintegrating strips are effective for the management of erectile dysfunction symptoms. They help in achieving an erection and sustain it for a longer period. Apart from this, Tastylia is also advised in the cases of benign prostatic hyperplasia and pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Tastylia strips are intended for use whenever required.
- It should be placed under the tongue and left for slow absorption.
- A maximum of one strip per 24 hours is the recommended dosage.
- These can be taken without water.
- If you are using the Tastylia for ED, the chances of missing a dose are low as they are consumed as and when required.
- When advised for daily use, for treatment of BPH & PAH, take the missed dosage as soon as you remember. However, you can skip the dose if you are nearing the scheduled next dose.
If you have overdosed on Tastylia, seek help from medical professionals immediately. The severe symptoms that are experienced are – chest pain (during or after sexual activity), breathing difficulties, difficulties with vision, and loss of consciousness.
Cautionary use of Tastylia is advised in the following conditions:
- Known allergies to Tadalafil or other ED medications.
- Cardiovascular Diseases.
- Issues with blood pressure – hypotension or hypertension.
- Kidney or liver disease.
- Medical history or present issue with vision due to reduced flow of blood to the eye tissue.
- A recent case of stroke or heart attack.
- Physical penile deformity.
- Severe anemic disorders – sickle cell anemia.
- Cancer of blood cells.
Sharing accurate health status with your doctor is crucial to ascertain a safe dose to avoid any complications.
The commonly encountered side effects of the use of Tastylia are listed below. These symptoms generally resolve on their own when the body acclimatizes to the chemical. However, if you feel they worsen over time and cause distress to normal functioning, contact your doctor for medical assistance.
- Problems with vision
- Facial flushing
- Nose bleed
- Breathing difficulties
- Pain in muscles
The severe health impacts caused by Tastylia are:
- Numbing or tingling sensation in the legs or arms.
- Allergic reaction – rashes, facial swelling, or breathing issues.
- Sudden vision or hearing abnormalities.
- An erection that stays for more than 4 hours and is painful.
- Pain in the chest (during or after sexual activity).
If any of severe side effects are faced, discontinue using the strips and refer to your doctor for further diagnosis and treatment.
Interactions With Other Drugs
The efficacy of Tastylia can get reduced when used with certain medications (both prescription and non-prescription). Some medications can worsen the side effects caused by Tadalafil. Discussing the medications you are using with your doctor helps in contemplating the most suitable dosage. The medicines that may cross-react with Tastylia are:
- Nitrate-containing treatment drugs – Amyl or butyl nitrite, isosorbide mononitrate, nitroglycerin.
- HIV treatment drugs – Ritonavir, Lopinavir.
- Antibiotics – Erythromycin, Rifampicin, Telithromycin, Clarithromycin.
- Alpha-blockers such as Tamsulosin, Prazosin, Alfuzosin, Terazosin, Doxazosin.
- Magnesium or Aluminum hydroxide (used for stomach acid).
- Antifungal drugs belonging to class ‘Azoles’ like ketoconazole.
- ED treatment pills – Sildenafil, Vardenafil.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension therapies that use Riociguat.
- Antiepileptic drugs like Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine.
Interaction with Alcohol
Since both of them cause the blood vessels to dilate, it is recommended to avoid consuming alcohol with Tastylia to prevent a drastic fall of blood pressure.
Interaction with Grapefruit
Grapefruit or grapefruit juice amplifies the concentration of Tadalafil in the bloodstream which raises the probability of encountering side effects.
Tastylia strips should be stored at room temperature.
- Retaining them in their original packaging is important.
- The strips should be stored shielded from direct sunlight or high moisture.
- Store them in a safe place that is unreachable by children.
- Expired strips should be disposed of properly to avoid accidental consumption.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do Tastylia strips work?
Tastylia strips work to relax the blood vessels and allow better blood flow.
- This helps to attain better erection to provide relief from ED.
- It relaxes the muscles of the prostate and bladder to alleviate urinary difficulties in BPH.
- To help with PAH, the pills dilate the minute pulmonary blood vessels to support the control of blood pressure.
Q2. Is Tastylia safe for women?
On medical advice, it can be dispensed for handling pulmonary arterial hypertension in women. But it is not recommended in the case of pregnancy and breastfeeding unless specifically prescribed by the doctor.
Q3. Is Tastylia 20 mg better than Viagra?
Tastylia and Viagra work equivalently for providing relief from erectile dysfunction. Tastylia just stays for a longer duration in your system, up to 36 hours, when compared to Viagra, up to 5 hours.
Q4. How long will Tastylia take to work once consumed?
The onset of effects varies depending on certain factors, but generally, the effects can be felt within 15-30 minutes of taking the strip under the tongue.
Q5. Can Tastylia 20 mg compromise the ability to drive?
Certain side effects (dizziness) are reported that affect cognitive abilities like alertness when Tastylia strips are used. Unless you are aware of how they affect you, it is suggested to avoid taking them if you have to do a task that requires you to be alert – driving or operating heavy machinery.
Q6. Do recreational drugs affect Tastylia’s impact on the body?
When Tastylia is consumed with recreational drugs that have stimulant-like, psychoactive, or hallucinogenic effects on the body or contain nitrates, it may critically impact health. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid using recreational drugs if you have been prescribed a Tastylia treatment regime.