How does Stablon 12.5 mg work?
Stablon 12.5 mg increases the number of chemicals in the brain which is responsible for a person’s mood. This stabilization process makes the medicine an ideal antidepressant. This is why Stablon is known as a tricyclic antidepressant. Tianeptine is a compound that affects chemical messengers in the brain. Stablon contains Tianeptine which leads to serotonin and norepinephrine messengers as they are communication amongst brain cells. It also leads to increased availability of serotonin hormone, which can directly result in a better mood.
Uses of Stablon 12.5 mg
The most common uses of Stablon or Tianeptine are as follows:
- Mood regulation
- Treatment for depression (which is not responsive to alternative methods)
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Improves quality of sleep
- Increases serotonin level
The Stablon 12.5 mg tablet is generally taken two to three times a day. The exact dosage is going to be decided by a doctor, depending upon the severity of your symptoms.
Stablon 12.5 mg should be taken before going to bed as the medicine tends to make people extremely drowsy. It can be taken with food as well. It is recommended that Stablon be taken at a fixed time each day for it to be more effective. Remember to follow the method prescribed by your doctor. Ideally, the medicine is swallowed whole and not chewed or crushed. The tablet must also be taken with an empty stomach. As mentioned earlier, do not stop taking the medication because of a lack of immediate results and it may take some time for the effects to set in.
Side effects of Stablon 12.5 mg
Some side effects of this medicine are common but mild. These are:
- An increased heart rate
- Slightly blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Problems while urinating
- Constipation or digestive issues.
These are the expected side effects, however, they are rarely severe. Note that the medicine may also cause a decrease in blood pressure. This drop in blood pressure may be even more evident after the user suddenly sits up or changes their position. Driving, extreme movements, or any other strenuous activity that requires attention and focus will be rendered difficult. Additionally, it may also cause some people to gain weight. The common side effects, however, tend to be temporary.
Overdose: Stablon is not an addictive substance, however, there may be some withdrawal symptoms or side effects experienced if the patient stops taking it all of a sudden.
Additionally, do not overdose or take more than recommended. Overdosing this medicine may lead to severe health problems such as:
- Cardiovascular damage
- Respiratory depression
- Breathing problems
- Heart attack
There are certain precautions that must be kept in mind before consuming this medication.
- Firstly, inform your doctor about any other medication you may be taking. Keep a track of all the antidepressants you have taken/are taking and make sure your doctor is aware of your medical history.
- The medicine may cause mood fluctuations or suicidal thoughts in very rare cases. In case the patient has any such thoughts of self-harm or notices sudden mood changes, inform your doctor immediately.
- Before taking Stablon, check that you are not allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients present in the medicine.
- Driving after taking Stablon is extremely unsafe as the medication can induce sleepiness which would impact the user’s ability to drive.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding must take this medicine with caution and only if prescribed.
Consumption of any other drugs which can interact with the medicine must also be avoided. Consult your physician for further information depending on your individual needs.
Inform your physician about any other diseases or conditions you have, such as:
- Liver diseases
- History of seizures
- Blood-related health issues
Inform your doctor about the medications you are currently using, as certain ones may interact with Stablon. The drug interactions for Stablon 12.5 mg are listed below:
- Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight
- Keep the medicine away from the reach of children
- Store it in a cool and dry place, away from excess humidity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I take Stablon 12.5 mg with alcohol?
Ans: Stablon tablets should not be consumed with alcohol. This is because the medication tends to make the user groggy, and consuming it with alcohol may lead to increased drowsiness.
2. When to take Stablon?
Ans: Stablon is best taken before going to bed, as it can make the user drowsy. It should be taken at a fixed time each day for efficiency.
3. What if I miss a dose of Stablon 12.5 mg tablet?
Ans: In such circumstances, do not double the dosage. Take the tablet as soon as possible, and if the time for the next dosage is nearing then just skip the dose that was missed and return to schedule as per usual.
4. How long does it take for Stablon 12.5 mg to work?
Ans: It is not clinically proven that Stablon takes a certain amount of time to work. It has been suggested, however, that it may take four to six weeks for the medicine to be effective. Keep taking the medicine as prescribed by your doctor.