|Starts In||1-2 Hours|
|Last Long||3-4 Hours|
How It Works
Dapoxetine Tablets works by increasing the activity of Serotonin in the brain. It is a short-acting, Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) that blocks the reabsorption of Serotonin into neurons. This makes it possible for Serotonin to be made available to the brain. Thus, the transmission of messages between neurons is improved. The process of ejaculation is delayed by 5-7 minutes. This helps the person to have satisfying sexual intercourse with his partner by gaining control over his ejaculation.
Dapoxetine is prescribed for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Premature Ejaculation (PE) – is a condition that causes a man to ejaculate sooner than he or his partner would expect him to during sexual intercourse.
Dapoxetine comes in the form of 30 mg and 60 mg tablets that are meant to be taken orally with water. This medicine can be taken with or without food. For best results, take the pill 1-2 hours before sexual intercourse. The process of ejaculation gets delayed by 5-7 minutes. Do not consume more than one tablet in 24 hours.
Follow your doctor’s prescription carefully and read all the instructions mentioned on the pack of the drug.
Missed Dosage: This medicine is taken as and when needed. Therefore, you are unlikely to miss a dose.
Overdose: An overdose of the drug can lead to various side effects. Contact your doctor if such a case arises.
Before you take Dapoxetine tablets, tell your doctor:
- If you suffer from epilepsy.
- If you have a history of heart attack, stroke, or congestive heart failure.
- If you suffer from problems such as diabetes, hypertension, angina, etc.
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have a history of fainting.
- If you have a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia.
- If you suffer from anxiety and depression.
- If you have a history of uncontrolled blood pressure.
Common side-effects of Dapoxetine include:
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
- Excessive sweating
- Blurred vision
- Increased blood pressure
Certain drugs are known to interact with Dapoxetine and affect the way it works. If you take any herbal, OTC, recreational, or any other form of drugs, let your doctor know about them.
- Antibiotics such as Erythromycin
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) such as phenelzine, tranylcypromine
- Antidepressants such as Paroxetine and Fluoxetine
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol can increase the risk of experiencing side effects. Avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine.
Dapoxetine tablets are meant to be stored properly and safely in their original packaging.
- Keep the pills out of reach of children.
- Keep the pills away from direct heat, moisture, and sunlight.
- Once the pack is opened, store the pill in an airtight container.
- Do not consume the pills past their expiration date.
Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does Dapoxetine make you last?
Ans. The half-life of Dapoxetine is 2-3 hours. It is, therefore, recommended to take Dapoxetine 1-2 hours before sexual intercourse. It increases your ejaculation by 5-7 minutes (mostly double your actual ejaculation time).
Is it safe to take Dapoxetine?
Ans. Dapoxetine is a safe and effective SSRI used for the treatment of Early or Premature Ejaculation (PE) in men. Due to its high costs, it didn’t gain much popularity but since the prices of this medicine have gone down, it is again being used by patients worldwide.
Can you take Dapoxetine with Viagra?
Ans. Dapoxetine can be taken in combination with ED medicines such as Viagra as it can improve ejaculation time and erection quality in men with erectile dysfunction (ED). However, you should consult your doctor before taking the two medications together. A safe combination of both drugs – Super P Force can be used for the treatment of ED and PE.
Talk to your doctor about the potential interactions of the drug.
Can I take Dapoxetine daily?
Ans. Dapoxetine is recommended to be taken once in 24 hours. This pill is taken as and when needed. Therefore, you need not take a daily dose of this medicine unless you’re indulging in sexual activity.
How quickly does Dapoxetine work?
Ans. Dapoxetine reaches its peak levels 1.5-2 hours after its consumption. Therefore, you should consume this medicine 1-2 hours before you indulge in sexual intercourse.