How does Cenforce 100 mg work
To understand how Cenforce 100 mg works, we must understand how the process of obtaining erection works. A healthy erection depends on the flow of blood to the penile tissue.
- When the body gets sexually stimulated, nitric oxide is released in the penis which increases the synthesis of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP).
- cGMP boosts the flow of blood to the penile smooth muscles which makes them relax and causes an erection.
- To control this phenomenon, an enzyme known as Phosphodiesterase Type 5 is released.
- PDE 5 impairs the cGMP after a while to result in ejaculation and loss of erection.
Cenforce 100 mg is a PDE5 inhibitor that stops the action of the PDE5 enzyme. When cGMP’s release is obstructed, the erection lasts for a longer time.
Uses of Cenforce 100 mg
Cenforce 100 mg tablets are primarily used as a treatment option for erectile dysfunction. However, they are advised for the following conditions as well.
- Erectile dysfunction due to the use of antidepressants.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: elevation of blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs.
- Raynaud’s Phenomenon: The flow of blood is reduced in fingers and toes due to spasms in arteries.
A Cenforce 100 mg tablet contains 100 mg of sildenafil citrate and is recommended to be taken once daily.
- Usually, the tablets are consumed as per the requirement, 30-60 minutes prior to the anticipated sexual activity.
- In case your doctor instructs you to consume it daily, ensure a gap of 24 hours between doses.
Note: It is essential to have sexual arousal/stimulation for the medication to work. It will not work in absence of sexual arousal.
When taken on a need basis, there is a low chance of forgetting a dose. If you have been advised to take it regularly by the doctor for treatment of other ailments and you forget to take your dose, consume it as soon as you remember.
- Skip it altogether if the time for your next dose is approaching. Remember to keep a gap of 24 hours between two doses.
If you overdose on this medication, contact your doctor immediately. The symptoms associated with overdose are as follows:
- Increased heartbeat
- Swelling and/or damage to the optic nerve
- Blurring and distortion of vision
- Muscle breakdown
- Painful and prolonged erection of the penis
Cenforce 100 mg should be taken with caution in certain situations as they may interfere with its working or aggravate the side effects. Inform your doctor if you have any of the following listed conditions.
- If you are allergic to sildenafil citrate or any other medication.
- If you have hypertension or diabetes.
- You are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you have or have had, any cardiovascular disease or coronary artery disease.
- Any present, or medical history, of stroke, chest pain, or heart attack.
- If you suffer from bleeding disorders.
- If you suffer from an inherited condition such as retinitis pigmentosa.
As with any medication, Cenforce 100 mg also comes with a set of certain side effects that may be experienced by some people.
- Nasal congestion
- Buzzing or ringing sensation in the ears
- Tearing of the eye
Some of the severe side effects that have been associated with the use of this medication are listed below. In case you experience any of these immediately contact your doctor for medical assistance.
- Allergic reaction – swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat, or breathing difficulties.
- Cloudy and/or bloody urine
- Sensitivity to light
- Painful urination
- Numbness, tingling, or burning sensation in limbs.
- Disturbances or loss of vision
- Visual color impairment – difficulty in distinguishing blue and green
- Sudden loss of hearing
- Priapism or prolonged painful erection (more than 4 hours)
Interactions With Other Drugs
Cenforce 100mg may interact with certain medications and result in adverse effects. Some result in moderate impacts on health while others may severely impact your well-being. Notify your doctor or pharmacist about the medications you are taking, whether prescription, over-the-counter, herbal, or supplements.
- ACE inhibitors
- Imatinib mesylate
Interaction with Alcohol
Consuming alcohol with Cenforce 100 mg tablets may result in heightened dizziness. Various alcohols have ethyl alcohol in them which may result in severe interaction with sildenafil. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid alcohol while you are using this medication.
Keep the Cenforce 100 mg tablets in their original packaging.
- Store them safely and out of reach of children.
- Keep them protected from moisture and heat.
- Dispose of the expired tablets safely with your local waste collection department’s guidelines. Do not consume them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How can Cenforce 100 mg help in erectile dysfunction?
Cenforce 100 mg is a phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitor and works by stopping the action of the enzyme phosphodiesterase 5 to prolong the penile erection, thus helping in relief from erectile dysfunction. The point to note is that the medication will not work in absence of sexual arousal.
Q2. What are the uses of Cenforce tablets?
Cenforce 100 mg tablets are primarily used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. However, they are also advised for certain other medical conditions such as Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension and Raynaud’s Phenomenon. Pulmonary arterial hypertension is a condition wherein the blood pressure of the arteries in the lungs increases. In the condition of Raynaud’s Phenomenon, the flow of blood in fingers and toe reduces because of the spasms of arteries.
Q3. Is it okay to take two Cenforce tablets in a day?
It may not be safe to consume tablets with less than 24 hours gap in between them. The likelihood of experiencing severe side effects increases in such a case.
Q4. Is Cenforce 100 mg safe for treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in pregnant or breastfeeding women?
Cenforce 100 mg tablets should not be used in pregnant or breastfeeding women. It may be taken in critical situations to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension under the guidance of a healthcare practitioner.
Q5.Is it okay to smoke after taking the Cenforce tablets?
Smoking with the use of Cenforce tablets should be avoided as nicotine-based products may interact with sildenafil to heighten the dizziness effect.
Q6. What precautions should I take to consume Cenforce 100 mg if I am suffering from hypertension?
As these tablets may result in a sudden lowering of blood pressure, it is recommended to consult your doctor to establish a suitable treatment plan.